The Lutheran High School Association of St. Louis is seeking to hire a
School Secretary for it’s Lutheran North Middle & High School Campus.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Lutheran North is a diverse educational community whose unity is in Jesus Christ. Our community is very strong and well supported.
To apply for this position: Email cover letter and LHSA application and resume to: Regina Welsh, Office Manager: RWelsh@LNcrusaders.org.
Summary: Applicants must perform all assigned duties and responsibilities, as outlined below in an efficient manner.
The Office Secretary is the first point of contact for parents, students, teachers and visitors, and must have the ability to multitask effectively.
This Candidate must have an approachable personality that represents the culture of the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Office Manager to operate and troubleshoot issues with standard office equipment
- Performs various clerical duties such as: photocopying, faxing and answering telephones
- Records daily attendance in the school information system and manages all student absences
- Maintains an inventory of office supplies
- Assists with Admissions Activities
- Processes applications and makes folders
- Mails certificates and acceptance/waitlist and denial letters to applicants
- Calls prospective families as directed
- Academic Fair – sends out information to schools and produces booklet
- Assigns student lockers
- Sets up cash boxes and deposits funds from various school activities
- Tracks fines/fees owed
- Assigns and maintains parking permit records
- Assists with other administrative duties as directed.
- Handles withdrawal paperwork
- Makes permanent new student file folders for registrar
- Organized, personable with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding students, families, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written and phone communication skills
- Computer and data entry expertise (Experience with Microsoft, Excel and Google Docs preferred)
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 2 – 3 years prior general office experience preferred